Optoma DuraCare Warranty
This document details the Terms and Conditions for the Optoma DuraCare warranty purchased for an Optoma ProAV laser projector product sold in: Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland & UK.
Optoma products sourced outside of these regions are not covered by this warranty you should refer to the relevant warranty for your product.
Optoma Europe Ltd and affiliated companies (collectively referred to as "Optoma") provides this warranty to you being the purchaser of an Optoma DuraCare warranty ("Warranty") to cover an Optoma branded projector (“Projector”).
A list of projector models to which this Warranty can be applied is available on the warranty page in the Support section of the Optoma website: http://www.optoma.eu.
This package has the added benefit of a preventative maintenance service which must take place before 12,000 operational hours or three years from the data of purchase, whichever comes first (“the Service”). The service will return the performance of the Projector to its original manufactured specification.
The Service shall consist of the following:
- Replacement of laser light source – restores brightness to it original manufacturers specifications.
- Replacement of critical components and moving parts – restores reliability to that of a new projector
- Internal inspection and cleaning – ensure continued optimum operation of the Projector.
The completion of the Service within 3 years or purchase or the first 12,000 operational hours shall extend the standard warranty of the Projector and laser light source inline with the Warranty and Warranty Period set our below. The End-user’ failure to arrange the Service within the first 3 years or 12,000 operational hours of the Projector it may invalidate the Warranty.
Warranty and Warranty Period
Provided that the Service has taken place, Optoma provides that’s the Projector and laser light source shall be, free from defects in materials, design and workmanship for an extended period of five years or 24,000 hours (whichever comes first) after the date of purchase ("Warranty").
This Warranty applies to you being the purchaser or end-user of the Projector.
Optoma warrants to you that during the provided that Service has taken place on time, if during the first five years from the date of purchase or 24,000 hours of operation (“Warranty Period”) the Projector and/or laser light source does not comply with the Warranty, Optoma or an Optoma authorised service company will, in a commercially reasonable time, remedy defects in materials, design and workmanship free of charge by repairing or, should Optoma in its discretion deem it necessary, replacing the Projector and/or laser light source in accordance with this Warranty (unless otherwise required by law).
This Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where you have purchased both the Warranty and the Projector provided that Optoma has intended the Warranty is for sale in that country and applies only to the Warranty if distributed by Optoma or its authorised dealers. Optoma will process each valid claim as soon as practicable within the constraints of their operational procedures. Optoma shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss, financial, direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, howsoever caused due to any delay whatsoever in the supply of a refurbished or replacement projector under this Warranty.
This Warranty is an upgrade to any Projector warranty terms or warranty period in the Optoma EMEA limited warranty document applicable to the original Projector product.
The Warranty Period will not be extended or renewed or otherwise affected due to:
- Subsequent resale; or
- Optoma authorised repair; or
- Optoma authorised replacement of the Projector
Product failure within 14 days of purchase
Should your Projector fail due to a manufacturing fault within 14 daysfrom the date of purchase, please immediately return the unit to the point of purchase for replacement with a new unit. This is to protect your consumer rights.
It is your duty to return the unit in its original “new” condition, with no cosmetic marking or damage and with all packaging and all accessories included.
Should you prefer a warranty repair, please follow the warranty procedure mentioned below.
Activating the DuraCare Warranty
The Warranty must be activated to be valid. Purchasing the Warranty does not automatically activate this Warranty; activation is a separate process. Activation must be completed within 12,000 hours or 3 years of purchase of the Projector, whichever is sooner.. To activate this Warranty you will need to visit the warranty page on the Support section of the Optoma website. www.optoma.eu.
How to get warranty service
The Warranty service is subject to you notifying an Optoma authorised service company of your complaint within one (1) month of it having come to your attention and in any event no later than before the expiry of the Warranty Period. To notify an Optoma authorised service company use the contact details for the Optoma Service Centres as listed on the Support section of the Optoma website: www.optoma.eu
When making a claim under this Warranty you will be required to provide:
- The Projector
- The original proof of purchase of the Warranty and the Projector, which clearly indicates the name and address of the seller, the date and place of purchase, the product type and the serial number of both the Warranty and the Projector.
If Optoma deems warranty service of the Projector or warranty replacement of the laser light source is required, Optoma will issue a Return Material Authorisation (RMA) number and provide an RMA form. You must submit this form, adequately completed, to an authorised Optoma Service Centre. Authorised Optoma Service Centres are listed on the Support area of the Optoma website: www.optoma.eu
You must ship the Projector and /or laser light source back to Optoma in the original or equivalent packaging, prepay shipping charges and insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment. On receipt, Optoma will test the Projector and /or laser light source and if it is deemed to be faulty will repair or replace the Projector and or laser light source. Optoma will dispose of the defective Projector/laser light sources parts or if a replacement is made, the complete Projector and/or laser light source in an environmentally friendly manner and will ship the refurbished or replacement Projector and/or laser light source to you freight prepaid.
The projector unit needs to be returned to an Optoma service centre for the maintenance. During this maintenance period a loan unit may be provided if required***. The target to complete the service and return the unit to the customer is 7 working days unless agreed otherwise.
*** subject to availability of a suitable loan projector.
What is not covered?
- Projectors and products that are not genuine Optoma products.
- This Warranty does not cover a) defects caused by rough handling (including, without limitation, defects caused by sharp items, by bending, striking, compressing or dropping, etc.), or b) defects or damage caused by misuse of the Projector, including use that is contrary to the user manual instructions provided by Optoma. This Warranty is not enforceable if either the Projector or laser light source have been opened, modified or repaired by anyone other than an Optoma authorised service centre, if it is repaired using unauthorised spare parts or if the Projector/laser light source serial number or date code has been removed, erased, defaced, modified, altered or are illegible in any way and this shall be determined at the sole discretion of Optoma.
- This Warranty is invalid if the Projector/laser light source has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.
- This Warranty is invalid if the Projector is operated in an excessively dirty or dusty environment or if it has not been regularly maintained to keep the air intakes free of obstruction
- This Warranty is invalid if the Projector is shut down incorrectly thereby not allowing the Projector to be shut down in a predetermined, controlled manner. Some Projector models that support a feature called “Direct power off” are excluded from this clause. Projector models to which this applies are identified in the product specifications.
- This Warranty is invalid if damage was caused by negligence or failing to carry out appropriate maintenance by the buyer, his customer, the end user, or in case of an act of God, natural occurrences or during transport.
Other important notices
All parts of the Projector or other equipment that Optoma has replaced shall become the property of Optoma. If the Projector is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of this Warranty, Optoma and its authorised service companies reserve the right to charge a handling fee.
Statutory Rights - Optoma makes no other Warranty, guarantee or like statement other than as explicitly stated above and this Projector Warranty is given in place of all other Warranties whatsoever, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
In the absence of applicable legislation, this Warranty will be the end user’s sole and exclusive remedy against Optoma and Optoma shall not under any circumstances be liable, either expressly or impliedly, for any other indirect or consequential loss arising from negligence, breach of contract, or howsoever.
This Warranty does not impair or affect mandatory statutory rights of the end user against and/or any rights resulting from other contracts concluded by the end user with Optoma and/or any other seller.
Optoma is not responsible or liable for any technical, projector, software, server, website or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the participant from, or otherwise obstructs in, participating in the Warranty
Optoma shall at all times adhere to the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation when processing any personal data received pursuant to this Warranty. Please note that during the electronic registration you will be asked for permission for your data to be used by Optoma for marketing purposes.
Optoma reserves the right to audit all claims to ensure that these terms and conditions have been met and to request additional information or supporting documents regarding any claims.
Optoma will not provide warranty repair for the Projector outside the Warranty Period. However, Product requiring repair that is outside the Warranty Period can be repaired by an Optoma authorised service centre. This work will be chargeable.
Limitation of Liability - It is understood and agreed that Optoma’s liability whether in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise shall not exceed the return of the amount of the purchase price paid by the purchaser and under no circumstances shall Optoma be liable for special, indirect, financial, incidental or consequential damages or lost profits, lost revenues or lost savings. The price stated for the products is a consideration in limiting Optoma’s liability.
Transfer of Warranty - Should a Projector with this associated Warranty be sold on by the original owner, the balance of the Warranty may be transferred to the new user provided that the original purchase documents are transferred to the new user also. This is necessary to show that the Projector is within the Warranty Period.